Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Crayon calamity

Chocolate overindulgence and small children is a recipe for disaster in my book. I tried to be a responsible Easter basket filler this year and thought we would put in some other bits and bobs. The kids helped make Hama bead chickens and eggs and we also tried our hands at rainbow crayons (a la
Martha).

We were pretty pleased with our efforts, but I've had some negative feedback. My friend Kathy: "What were those weird waxy things?". She'd tried to eat them. What could I say? Well, they were non-toxic.

Note to self: LABEL ITEMS BETTER!

5 comments:

laura capello said...

Love "baking" crayons. It's so much fun!

Heather said...

Very clever!! good idea i've never tried melting crayons into shapes, the kids would probably get a kick out of it.

weirdbunny said...

They look great.

kelli ann & lorie said...

hee, hee-- "weird waxy things." i think they look lovely, even almost good enough to eat.

Anonymous said...

I love when you're looking for one thing (crayon cookies)and find a wonderful blog! I'll be back to visit.