Monday, April 17, 2006

Mark enters whip-lash



I saw 'Everyday Creativity' was the theme of this week's whip-lash, but I knew I didn't have time for much crafting this weekend with it being Easter and holidays for the kids so I didn't plan to enter.

Today was a perfect spring morning and we went on a walk past the station. I put the camera in the pram as an afterthought. Eldest son, who is 5, asked for the first time, to take a picture, so my husband (with his infinite supply of patience) showed him what to do.

When we got home and put the shots on the computer he was really impressed. "I think these would win a competition Mummy" he said proudly. And that was the moment I remembered.

To me, everyday creativity is about taking what is around you and seeing the beauty in it. What better way to empower a child to do this than teach him how to use a camera. So here, by way of our first joint whip-lash entry, I give you Mark's photos.


whipup

4 comments:

laura capello said...

He did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! I'm crossing my fingers for you.

Jennifer W. said...

Great pictures! I had a simialar interpreation of the theme, but just didn't get around to doing anything about it...maybe next time. Good luck!

zelia said...

That's lovely! He did a really nice job. I love the train photo. Actually, I love the shadow photo too!