Sunday, April 09, 2006

Seaside jaunt



















We've been away for a few days to visit my folks who live by the sea. The boys love visiting the harbour, digging, throwing stones and checking out the live lobsters.

I also had the chance to do a bit of shopping. Whitstable is an arty community, so there is always some inspiration for craftyness to be found.

I saw some great bags made with felted wool. I'd like to have a go at felting my own, but the thought of killing my washing machine in the process is a bit offputting. With the amount of sand we encountered over the weekend I NEED my machine in full working order.

1 comment:

laura capello said...

Love the sandy carrot. My youngest loves to eat sand.

I think you can felt in your sink -- just fill it with really hot water and dunk, dunk, dunk and smoosh it around. I could be wrong, though.