Saturday, August 26, 2006

Technology ahoy

I've upgraded to beta-blogger (why does that sound like a medicine) and so you nice folks with regular blogger accounts may not be able to comment as normal using your usual blogger identity. I think you need to put your comment in as 'other' rather than 'anonymous' (because then I don't know who you are) or 'blogger identity' (because unless you are a fellow beta-blogger you won't get recognised).

If you want people to be able to find their way to your from your 'other' identity comment you'll have to put in your web page (blog url) too. This also lets me reply to your lovely comments, either by commenting on your blog, or via e-mail if you have it on display on your blog.

I'm hugely paranoid that my little blog is going to get all screwed up and as my knowledge of html is basic to say the least, that I will never be able to get it back to rights again. Will anyone bother commenting in this awkward transition? Go on, please leave me a little something just so I can check it works. I'll beg if you want .....

15 comments:

laura capello said...

Wow, things do look weird on your comments page.

Is this the updated blogger that lets you catagorize your posts? Let me know how it goes, I've been thinking of upgrading as well.

Anonymous said...

looks fine to me, ali... nice job.

Strikkelise said...

Hi, welcome home, you, too, and good luck with this new stuff (I've no idea what Beta Blogger is)

I'm now trying to comment as usual just to see what happens.
(I'll be back)

Anonymous said...

Looks good to me too!

Anonymous said...

Maybe...

Anonymous said...

let me try that again :)

Ali said...

If the link from your name to your web page doesn't seem to work, try again with http:// before the link (blogger doesn't seem to do it on your behalf - well, it is free...)

Anonymous said...

hi.
Looks okie-dokie to me. ;-)

Anonymous said...

HTML might aswell be double dutch to me!

Anonymous said...

ahem... testing, testing... so far looks like other blogger accounts i've commented on...

Megan said...

No worries, mate.

Paula Adams Perez said...

Hi Ali! Seems fine!

feather nester said...

I just switched over, too! And it was very scary, but I managed to get everything converted okay and even added tags to my posts. Good luck with it! Looks great to me.

I did get your email...just haven't had a chance to respond yet, but I will. :)

Anonymous said...

I just posted on your craft show post and if someone clicks on my name, something isn't right, even though I typed in my url. It put your url in front of mine. Weird...Here's another try to see if it happens again.

Anonymous said...

Yup, I had to type in http...got it.