Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Summer's ending

We're eking out the last few days of summer here. I love September, which always seems to be tied to new beginnings, but somehow the passing of this summer feels very poignant. Johnny starts pre-school 3 mornings a week next Wednesday.

Part of me is thrilled at the prospect of a little time to myself and part is sad about the passing of this stage in life. We're done producing little people, so no more long days at home filled with the hundred and one pieces of busyness that make up a day with an infant. How fast they grow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know just jow you feel!My baby Josie starts big school next week and that will end 11 years of little ones company for me.I think my life is about to change.

Kristy said...

I don't think the link works for me!

laura capello said...

The passing of time is very bittersweet.

I'm excited for Griffin to start go back to preschool next week, but I miss the day long snuggles and constant neediness.

Anonymous said...

oh I know... they do grow rather fast these days.

I'm thinking of putting no 3 into nursery one morning a week (they other two went at this age), but he's like my last baby and ... I want to keep him with me...

Maybe one little morning... more time for me... it won't kill him, right?

Glad to see you still wearing your crocs!

Anonymous said...

When you posted your makeover post you over exaggerated your hips - seriously! You look great! And you already admitted to a flat stomach - I'm so jealous!

And yes, they really DO grow fast - not day to day, but the years as a whole seem to fly by.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know how you feel too. I've only got two and we don't plan on having anymore. Some days I feel so guilty for having 'mummy free' days, but really it is needed to keep us sane. They do grow too fast.

Joanna said...

What a sweet picture of the two of you. Hope your little guy enjoys preschool.

Some days I think the busy-ness will never end, but it's amazing how quickly these kids are growing up. I'll be sad when they don't need me so much anymore.