Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Still breathing

Silicone rocks! Yes, the ice tray made it through the crayon melting escapade with flying colours. Thank you so much for all the funny comments about yesterday's post. And just to prove it really did work - photographic evidence...

Using a microwave instead seemed a popular suggestion, but frankly those things scare me. We do own one, but I use mainly for heating the kids' cherry stone pillows. I would rather run the gauntlet of melting/spontaneous combustion - at least I can see it coming! I am a Luddite, I know.

Caroline reminded me today that I need to sew some name tapes on school clothes. Oh, and buy some tracksuit bottoms. Did this boy grow over the summer or what?

10 comments:

Megan said...

Boy, did he! I've got me one of those too - love that skinny foal look.

Kate said...

love the crayon idea - they look fantastic. Must remember this.

elizabeth said...

those turned out awesome!!!!

thanks for posting the results!

Anonymous said...

Good grief- he DID grow!

The crayons look so cute. How fun!

Soo said...

Cute crayons! Very brave of you too!

Strikkelise said...

They look so beautiful! I'm so glad you survived!

Those legs beautiful, too, on a completely different level :)

Anonymous said...

Hooray - they worked! Oh my - all that in one summer? That is craz-e.

Anonymous said...

Wow - the trays really did work out well!

And yes, I'd say the boys grew - that's amazing for just a few months. What did you feed them?

Anonymous said...

Crayons look so cool! And holy cow that boy did grow! That's amazing. wow.

laura capello said...

Those WERE his pants from last year?!