Monday, August 14, 2006

Autumn approaching...

I think summer has gone - we were so cold on Sunday that we lit a fire and it was the perfect excuse to have a look at the book swap package that Sal sent me. She picked a really great selection and it's perfectly timed as we go on holiday on Thursday and I may well get the chance to catch up on some reading. Thanks Sal, and I promise to get a move on with your package.

It rained too for the first time in ages and so we have water in our waterbutt again. Rain plus access to extra water in the garden can only mean one thing for the boys - MUD. Yes, they've been having a lot of squelchy fun and I have had a lot of extra washing.

And the obvious evidence that autumn is just around the corner has meant that I can no longer kid myself about my first Craft Fair being ages away. October is creeping up fast and I have no stock. But I do now have a half completed banner for my stall. Hooray for progress!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fire?! I wish it would cool down here. It's going to be back into the 90's (F) this week.

Look at the muddy fun. You're a cool mama!

Anonymous said...

I know!!We are back in long pants and cardies!Poor Kittys tent hasn't seen much use either apart from a rain shelter!The banner looks lovely!

laura capello said...

Autumn cannot come soon enough, I'm so tired of the heat!

The banner is awesome!

Anonymous said...

oh!! your banner is GREAT!!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously? Well, I'm so happy for you, cause I know a hot summer isn't too fun. I'm afraid we have until October, at least. Last year it was 100 weeks in a row in October but we're optimstic it will be better this year, somehow.

Megan said...

That banner is beyond gorgeous. And the daffodils and little lambs are making their appearance way down here, so I guess it is the changing of the seasonal guard.

weirdbunny said...

I can't beleive you lit your fire!!!!
We never do in the summer, we wait then have the chimney swept just before autumn, then lit it. It's kinda a ritual to look forward too. (you can just tell how exciting our lives are!!).

Well done kids for making wonderful mud!

Kate said...

Your banner is fantastic! I love being inside by the fire when it rains. It is definitely still winter here today, but I've seen a daffodil too.

jen v said...

very cute banner!

Anonymous said...

What precious boys in their boots!

Getting ready for a craft show is such fun! I predict that you'll be creating all kinds of stuff as the date draws nearer. What are you selling? The banner is great. Maybe I would have sold more if I had a cool banner like that. :o)

Anonymous said...

Lovely cosy fire - we don't have a fireplace and I really miss it. The banner is just lovely and I'm so glad you got a lovely book swap! Its so funny, I was going to include Brick Lane in mine but have decided on something else! :)

Soo said...

Nothing like a bit of muddy fun! I love your banner, looks fun too!!!

beki said...

Good luck getting ready for the craft show! I'm quite jealous of your fall like weather - record highs here today.

caroline said...

yep - we had the heating back on on Sunday.

I love your banner.