Saturday, August 05, 2006

Eggie peggies

It's early morning and everyone else is sleeping. I love this time of day when it's all quiet and still. Soon the boys will be up and clamouring for eggs. It's a weekend breakfast tradition at our house - pancakes on one day, eggs on the other.

Down the road from us is Brook Farm where I try to buy all our eggs. You can see the chickens running about outside behind the barn and they sound so happy. Knowing our food is local and grown or raised with care is more important to me than buying something labelled organic at the supermarket. And these taste so much better too. Now the ony question is scrambled or boiled?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say poached...

Paula Adams Perez said...

Beautiful simple beauty!

Anonymous said...

My kids would say scrambled. I'd say over-easy. : )

laura capello said...

Mmmmm... scrambled!

Anonymous said...

scrambled. With maple syrup on top. Yummy.

Anonymous said...

I would love some locally-grown fresh eggs. Mmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo of some lovely (inside and out) eggs. My local farmstand stopped bringing eggs. Must find another local source!

beki said...

Mmm, I love eggs. We had eggs for supper last night.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...I will never be able to go back to eating store bought eggs now that I get the "real thing" from my neighbour. Don't you just love the rich colour of the yolk?