Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Pinny perfection

The slowness of the post across the pond forced Sarah to spill the beans about there being a little something headed my way, so I've been rushing to the door every time the postman's van appears. And here it is, proof that a watched pot sometimes boils, a perfectly gorgeous apron.

Sarah wouldn't have known that the colours of the flowers pick up the bluey tones of my kitchen cabinets and the tan, the floor tiles. Uncanny though isn't it? She has much better photos than mine - in fact, I had admired the apron when she posted about it, never thinking it was destined for my kitchen. Hell, it even matches my dishes, so I just had to show you.

Thank you friend. The other great thing about it is the enormous pocket, which is just what I need to stuff all my tissues in. I have the most stinking cold and I am cross about it, because I need to have lunch tomorrow. And taste cupcakes. And possibly drink Champagne. And not infect people. Damn. I'm being all secretive, but I am so looking forward to spilling the beans after the event.

Echinacea is my friend. And positive mental attitude. I do not have a cold, my nose is not streaming, I am healthy and not at all infectious.

22 comments:

Kitty said...

Awww, sorry to hear about your cold - steam inhalations are the best thing for me when I have one.

Hope you have a wonderful time at your mysterious get-together. :-) x

PS That apron is fabulous!

Mrs Moog said...

Beautiful pinny you have there!

I hope you feel much better in time for your mystery lunch. As I'm basically nosey I can't wait hear what that's about!!
xx

Anonymous said...

feel better~ mind over matter... you are not sick, you are not sick :)

tess said...

love that pinny!
get better soon,
I am not ill either!

Kristy said...

We must share friends.I haven't got flu,I haven't got a fever, I haven't just had to put a summer dress on to cool down.No not me and Josie is not asleep on the floor -again!

GenerallyGemma said...

Echinacea is our friend here too. I have also started drinking lemon and grated ginger in hot water by the bucket. That soon clears out the nasal passages!!

Feel better.

greetingarts said...

Oh, be well tomorrow, I hope you have a great time no matter what. I was miserably sick as a bridesmaid for my cousin's wedding, but still had a good time. Hope all the germs leave you by tonight, I'll think positive for you across the miles!

Sarah said...

Damn. It really does match your cabinets, doesn't it? Too bad it doesn't also have anti-viral properties. Hope the echinacea does the trick and you're able to enjoy both cupcakes and champagne tomorrow.

Junie Moon said...

What a gorgeous apron! I love that fabric and used it for one of my Amy Butler projects so I know first-hand how lovely it is.

I am so sorry you're sick and certainly wish you a quick recovery.

dottycookie said...

I think I know where you're going and I'm so envious I might explode ;-)

Have a fabulous time - as if you could fail to, given the company - and I hope your cold feels better!

Anonymous said...

Oooo, secrets. Fun.

alice c said...

I have students sneezing and snuffling over me ALL the time so I am completely impervious. And I find that champagne has mysterious anti-viral properties so I think that you should definitely have some.

laura capello said...

sweetie? would you like me to send you some seeds so your grow you own echinachea?

stop lookin' at me like that.

Lindy said...

How lucky are you!!! What a lovely pinny.

pinkgreen said...

Lovely pinny. Hope your cold doesn't spoil the cupcakes and champagne - sounds interesting. Hope you feel better soon
Cathy XX

APRIL said...

What a great apron! I really like it! Hope you feel better!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better for your lunch, the apron is really fab!

grumpy said...

Does your new apron mean that your long-suffering husband is no longer tied to the kitchen sink?

Scotch is the old cure for all ailments!

Anonymous said...

that sarah. she is a good egg.

julie said...

Hope you're feeling better today and managed to make it to your top secret assignation! Echinacea is definitely good but P.M.A. is often the solution to overcoming most things. Of course now that today is over you are free to succumb - here's hoping you can have a snuggly pyjama day tomorrow. Great apron - isn't it wonderful when you receive gifts that are so perfect.

Heidi said...

what a great thing to recieve a unexpected gift in the mail. Drink lots of fluids with your positive mental attitude and echinacea! and feel better!

tiel said...

i take echinaciaaaa..however you spell it..throughout winter and I really think it reduces the symptoms of cold/flu. And if it doesn't I convince myself that it still does and that if I hadn't been taking it, my cold/flu that I had caught would have been 100%worse than if I hadn't!