Tuesday, August 14, 2007

L is for... Limelight

The puppet theatre was the project that really caught my eye when I got my copy of Bend the Rules Sewing. I've been waiting for the chance to rustle one up and it came this weekend.

With amazing levels of self-control, I forced myself to use the fabric I had, though there was a quick shopping expedition for the tension rod and dowel.

The resident thespians are loving it. Today's highlight was a play about a wombat and a remote control.

"The wombat pressed the remote control, which magically turned into another wombat. They played together. Sometimes the wombat played tricks on the remote control and sometimes the remote control played tricks on the wombat. The end."
Priceless.

My mother has complained that there aren't enough pictures of Johnny on my blog. Perhaps it's because he's forever hamming it up in front of the camera.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool, William would love that, he is constantly making up plays and getting us to watch....though I can never work out when they end and neither can he!

Di said...

I love the theatre and I would love to have seen the play about the wombat and the remote control!

Anonymous said...

too cute!
Looks like you had fun making it and our kids had fun playing in it :)

Junie Moon said...

Great puppet theatre and I love the wombat/remote control story--so cute! The theatre is one of the reasons I bought the book because that's what I'm making our 8 grandchildren for Christmas (one per family NOT per child). I'm glad to see your finished project and love the fabric and colors.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic. Every kid needs a place in the limelight.

ljm said...

That is so cool!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I can't wait for the heat to break so I can do more than sit in front of the fan and pant.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I ignored that page as for some reason I thought it was finger puppets! Looks great, I've got some old curtains so I think I may have a go at that.

Anonymous said...

way cute, ali! nice job - that does look like fun. what happened with the wombat and the remote? i'm dying to know. :)

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous picture of your son...my kids always used to play puppet shows when they were small, kept them amused for hours....I think we got the idea from The Sound of Music!

Jane
x

julie said...

What a fab theatre - I daren't let Amy see or she'll want one too - at the moment we make do with a sheet over the doorway - she likes to make a grand entrance and then dance, dance, dance!

Kate said...

Great puppet theatre! It is much bigger than I thought it was in the book. There is nothing better than the imagination of small children!

Louise said...

I LOVE this!!! I have wanted to do a theatre thingy for ever and I am so glad Mr Wombat is part of the show. I have Bend the Rules and will have to have a go at this. Yours looks fantastic. By the way, I signed up for the tote swap - too much fun to be had so I couldn't resist!

Anonymous said...

that is a cool story... surreal, but priceless!

I don't think my kids would be interested in a theatre... they're outside kicking a ball in their new football boots and shirts...

sigh.

why oh why didn't I have at least 1 girl?